Vegetable gardening is gaining its popularity nowadays. Even if technology has advanced, people now tend to find means to go back to some basics that fast-paced has deprived us from enjoying.
If you are wondering why vegetable gardening works, here are the reasons why:
- Your food is safe. Advance technology gave the farmers more yields than they had before. However, there are also consequences of this benefit. We always hear genetically modified plants, harmful pesticides, processed foods loaded with preservatives, and a whole lot more. Most of the time, we are not so sure anymore about the food that we eat. With vegetable gardening, you are sure of your product since you have been taking care of your plants since day 1 until harvest. It will also ensure the freshness of your food.
- It is economical. Saving seeds or buying them is much cheaper than buying vegetables in the market. Now, vegetable gardener is not just for the summer season. You can plant all year round. This is made possible through vegetable gardening in containers. This also means that you will be getting fresh vegetables all year round.
- It is profitable. When you harvest a lot of vegetables in a particular time, you can sell it to your neighbors and in the local market. You can make a very good business on it. If you belong to an organization in the community or in school, this is an excellent income-generating project.
- It is a form of exercise. Vegetable gardening involves a lot of physical activities like walking and stretching your muscles. You will save a lot of time and money as compared to gym work-outs.
- It serves an ornament. A vegetable garden in your backyard or balcony is pleasing to the eyes. It adds a lot of vitality, color and texture into the whole design of your house.
- It makes you learn new things. Vegetable gardening doesn’t just include planting and harvesting. You will meet challenges like how to improve the quality of the soil, how to get rid of and present pests and other interesting activities. If this is not within your vocabulary until now, then this is the chance to learn something new in a cool, fun way.
Aside from these benefits, you will find a new sense of fulfillment every time you achieve something new. Vegetable gardening provides tons of possibilities that will benefit you.